Friday, May 21, 2010

How can I download software that can copy my ps2 games and play them on my ps2 without a mod chip?

I want to know how I can download software that can copy my ps2 games and I can play them without a mod chip.

How can I download software that can copy my ps2 games and play them on my ps2 without a mod chip?
you cant. no modchip no game.
Reply:You can't download software, you have to buy it. PS2 disc's are burned a special way and you cannot replicate it. To initiate gameplay you'll need special discs. Get Swap Magic, or HD Advance.





Swap Magic allows you to play burned games and imports.


HD Advance lets you play games off of a hard drive, either backed up from a disc or otherwise (aka torrents...which are illegal).





Both require no modding at all. Swap Magic is cheaper, since HD Advance requires a network adapter and hard drive (or USB hard drive for slims). However, HD Advance is easier to use. You keep one disc in for the rest of your PS2's lifetime, rather than swapping discs each time. I'm lazy, so I got the HD Advance.





Remember that both these methods are limited. They can't play some games (God of War, Shadow of the Colossus) because they are too large, or have some kind of special protection. It's still better than buying new games when they get scratched, though (or not buying them at all).


No comments:

Post a Comment