Monday, May 24, 2010

I need a website / software to help with all the selections I need to make when building my custom home?

I'm looking for a website / software that can help me with all of the selections that I need to make - applicances, cabinets, lighting, fixtures, etc... that my husband is asking me to make. I've a very concrete person and I would like everything spelled out room by room. I don't need anyone to make the decisions for me (suggestions wouldn't be bad though). I just want a place to organize all of my decisions. I really feel no urge to create it myself, but I haven't been able to find anything that works.





Thanks in advance!

I need a website / software to help with all the selections I need to make when building my custom home?
virtual program Architect Studio 3D-


http://architectstudio3d.org/AS3d/design...





_____________________________





move furniture


http://www.bhg.com/bhg/category.jsp?cate...





_____________________________





color work


http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/





_____________________________
Reply:There are various software available like Microsoft Visio that you can make a floor plan of your house and add furniture to it and all, but it does not give you the exact choice of furniture you want. Most won't anyways.





There are also websites that you can go to browse the exact things you want. Some even provide dimensions so you have a better idea how they fit.





But from what you're asking for, I would suggest you make your way to the store to see, touch, and choose what you really really want. Talking to a knowledgable expert on the materials, construction, and choice or products / furniture / equipment is a definite must if you want that level of detail up-front. Just make sure to bring a pen and paper to write down everything and get the person to sketch out whatever is decided so you have a basis for reference.





Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment