Monday, May 24, 2010

What is the best software to use make copies of my dvd movies?

I would like to make backup copies of dvd's that I own but I don't know what software I need on my computer.

What is the best software to use make copies of my dvd movies?
Nice try, but making backup copies is still considered illegal. I know you were trying to disguise you question by making it seem legit.





Look, the old copyright clause states that people have a right to make copies for backup purposes, and that law is still in effect. However, our pal Clinton signed the DMCA bill into law in 1998 which made bypassing copyright protection illegal. So it's a catch-22. You're allowed to make backups as long as you're not illegally cracking the protection. Kinda sucks, huh?





OK, OK. I'm not a complete cold-hearted bastard. I suggest you look on the following website. That's about as much as I'll help! %26lt;wink%26gt;


http://www.videohelp.com
Reply:The programs I use are Clone DVD and DVD Decrypter. While this burning takes a long time to do, it is efficient. DVD Decrypter burns the DVD to the hard drive where you can also select it and watch it while it is on the hard drive. Clone DVD burns it on the DVD.


They can be found here:


No comments:

Post a Comment