Friday, May 21, 2010

Where can I find a utlity to transfer installed software applications from one disk drive to another?

I have a number of installed software applications on my C:\ drive that I do not use regularly and I want to move them to another hard disk drive with more space. I remember Partition Magic had a utility to move installed software applications, but when I recently looked, I could not the function. I does not appear as part of the Norton Distribution.





I have looked at Laplink, but that is more suited to transferring installed software applications from one computer to another.





As a result, can some suggest a utility that I can purchase to do this?

Where can I find a utlity to transfer installed software applications from one disk drive to another?
You can simply use norton ghost. so you can make same copy of your harddisk to another harddisk or one partation to another partation.





Norton Ghost is a great utility to copy everything(installed) from a small/big hard drive to another big/small harddrive, but you have to use it carefully because if you done mistake to choose source and destination then you will be screwwwwed up.








Application Mover is a tool that relocates installed programs from one path to another on your hard disk. Application Mover takes files found in the path specified in the 'Current Path' field (see below) and moves them to the 'New Path' path. Application Mover scans the windows registry for references to files located in the 'Current' field and changes those references to the 'New' path. Application Mover also scans all windows shortcuts in the Start Menu and adjusts path references to the new program location. Finally, *.ini and Install.log files present in the original program path are checked for strings matching the old path location. If found, these strings are changed to the new location.





you can download from below link


http://www.funduc.com/app_mover.htm





However if you need any type of my support you can contact me.
Reply:Do you want to replace the whole drive then use Norton Ghost.





To move just applications from C: to D: and still have some stuff on C: then use Application Mover,


http://www.funduc.com/app_mover.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment