Friday, July 31, 2009

What software do I use to digitize video from a 4 pin firewire connector?

I have a Canon XH A1 camcorder. It has a 4 pin firewire connector. The manual simply refers me to some $800 software package that Canon sells and I'm not interested in spending that amount of money to digitize the video.





So, what other software can I use to get the video from the camera into a video file on my PC? I have both a mac and a PC, so a package for either one will be fine (although I prefer PC).





Keep in mind that the camcorder outputs 1080i video, so the software needs to support that.

What software do I use to digitize video from a 4 pin firewire connector?
Check with Best Buy,Circuit City,Radio Shack or another electronics or computer store. They may be able to help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment