Friday, July 31, 2009

What software programs are there for converting artwork to embroidery designs?

I do applique and embroidery and quilt piecing by hand, usually from my own drawings.





I am interested in automating these processes as much as possible, because I am losing both eyesight and manual dexterity with age.





From my investigations so far, embroidery machine manufacturers provide proprietary software with their machines, and this limits the designs to that machine. Besides, each design is a new cost. One can buy a software to convert designs into another format, but conversions often lose something in the translation.





What I want is to be able to use my own design, from one of my graphics programs, and duplicate it in cloth and threads.





Any advice from those of you who write software, or are fiber artists?

What software programs are there for converting artwork to embroidery designs?
I just did a quick search and found the links below. To find more, try searching for words like embroidery, digitize, conversion, software.





Good luck!
Reply:Sure are, my mom had one, but I'm afraid I forgot it, try looking them up. She said that she got it free, and she showed me it and you can make them too and use any color you want.

flower bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment