Friday, July 31, 2009

What software should I use to record my vinyl records onto my hard drive?

I have the ability to hook up my record player to my computer but am wondering what software I should get to record the tracks with. I love my vinyl but it's only going to last for a finite time if I continue to spin it.

What software should I use to record my vinyl records onto my hard drive?
I bought a Creative Labs Audigy sound card and it comes with a lot of recording software. Check with your sound card software and see if it doesn't have some way to hook it up.


I also use a Tascam US-122 which is a great USB interface. I can plug in guitars, mics, drum machines, etc. It has 48-volt phantom power supply for condenser mics, a headphone output, and left and right inputs from your stereo, which you're more interested in than the recording studio stuff.

pollen

No comments:

Post a Comment